The Tahitian vanilla bean is easy to use and can be used in all types of cuisine. For example, create delicious exotic sauces, desserts, pastries, sweets or even cocktails.
Split the vanilla bean lengthwise with a sharp tipped knife, then scrape the tine black seeds out of the pod into a small dish to be used later in culinary preparation.
Do not throw away the hollowed vanilla pod, but rather place it in your sugar bowl for a natural, delicate vanilla flavored sugar.
2 small ripe papayas
20 cl coconut milk
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 tsp rum
4 tbsp powdered sugar
20 g butter
2 Tahitian vanilla beans
· Pré-heat oven to 425°F
· Cut both papayas in half (lengthwise) and seed with a spoon.
· Fill each papaya halve with 1 tbsp lime juice and 1 tsp rum.
· Sprinkle a tsp of powdered sugar over each papaya halve. Cut vanilla beans (pods) in half (lengthwise) and place one half of a vanilla bean inside papaya before baking
· Arrange papaya halves in a lightly buttered baking dish and bake for 20 minutes
· Before serving, lace individual papaya halves with coconut milk.
. Serve either hot or warm.